Welcome to SPAS Facilities

In the photo world, any place that has light is a wonderful place to be, and one of the best places to learn how to “SEE” the light is here at RIT/SPAS!

Hello, my name is David Walter, I am one of the managers here at the School of Photographic Arts and Sciences (SPAS) and we are busy gearing up our facilities for the coming fall semester.  With new equipment coming in almost everyday, new computers for our labs, and a new look to some of our areas, it promises to be an inspiring time ahead.

We house one of the largest inventories in the country for photography aficionados so if you have never been by, make a point to stop and say hello.  I would be happy to give you the grand tour!

As a sampling of what we have, envision the latest gear available from vendors such as Nikon, Canon, Leica and you will know what you can get your hands on here at our “photo cage” when enrolled as a student.

Another area that is bursting with updates, are our computer labs.  We have created digital work environments that simplify your workflow with as few clicks as possible!  New machines, updated software, and with scanners and printers on almost every station, you can get done any project that is tasked to you.

If you have an interest in attending RIT for Photography, let me know and I will help you out in anyway possible.

Klab