Student Feature – Jordan Roth

RothPhoto_SPASBlog

Jordan Roth is a third year photojournalism major and has a minor in anthropology/sociology. She spent the summer with Rebuilding Together New York City documenting the stories of people who had been displaced by Hurricane Sandy and are just now able to move back into their renovated homes. When she graduates in the spring 2016, she wants to use her story-telling skills to share the great work that nonprofit organizations, like Rebuilding Together NYC, do for the communities they serve.

What was your most challenging assignment as a photography student?

I’d have to say my most challenging assignment so far, was my final project I worked on in multimedia last semester. We had to incorporate video, audio and still images into one cohesive story. The story I worked on was one about my dad and brother’s focusing on family. While it was the most challenging, it was also the most rewarding. I was able to learn new equipment, new skills, and tell a story that is personal and very important to me.

MostChallenging_-1

MostChallenging_-3

MostChallenging_-2

What do you love about RIT?

I love the people here. Professors and fellow students have helped me grow over the last few years and I’m looking forward to stories I will be working on in the future–here at RIT and beyond!

OtherPhotos_-1

A New Beginning

OtherPhotos_-3

To view more of Jordan’s work visit jordanmariroth.com.