Student Feature – Meg Wells

coming of age

Meg Wells, a fourth year Visual Media student, was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. Originally enrolled in the Advertising Photography program, sophomore year Meg found a love for graphic design that rivaled her passion for photography, so the Visual Media major made perfect sense. Meg has been involved in the CIAS Honors Program, served on the RIT Student Government as the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences Senator for the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 academic years, and is a sister of the Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority.

feet

What was your most challenging assignment?

I cannot pick a single assignment that has been most challenging, but self-portraits were always difficult for me. I never minded modeling for my classmates but when I have to photograph myself I always get very nervous and self-conscious and not sure exactly how to express myself in whatever way the assignment directs me to.

NOLA

What do you love about RIT?

Over the past 4 years I have grown so much as a person and as an artist because of all the opportunities RIT has given me. Coming in as a freshman and immediately being thrown into courses where I was actively photographing was different than other schools I had looked at. The community at RIT encouraged me to explore everything that interested me, which in the end led me to Visual Media. The diversity of the student population in regards to hearing level, nationality, or interests has always kept me grounded and remind me that I am in a special place.

Postcard

moment

january

Find more of Meg’s work at behance.net/meganwells.